Come enjoy group camping in the wildflower meadow surrounded by great oaks and pines. Reservations are required, call for full details and pricing.
We strive to provide a safe and happy tenting experience to our guests through the use of our Group Tenting Sites.
Stronghold Campground Policies
- Campsites are available to non-profit groups only; there are no individual rentals
- Campsites and Pavilions must be reserved in advance and require a contract
- Campers and visitors must check in at the Brubaker Center prior to entering the campground
- Check in time is to be discussed prior to arrival
- Check out time is 4pm
- Charges are $5.00 per person, per night - maximum of 12 people per site
- Pavilions rent for $35.00 for one night and $20.00 for each additional night
- Youth groups, scout groups, or youth clubs must have adult chaperones in appropriate numbers
- At check in, leaders MUST register at Brubaker and provide a cell number for emergency use.
- Quiet time is 11pm-7am. Disorderly conduct and unreasonable noise is not allowed
- Electrical outlets at the shower house are not to be used for cooking with electrical appliances. No exceptions
- Trash is to be placed in the dumpster at the end of every day. Dumpster is located opposite the shower house. There is no site trash pick-up
- Fires are to be in the fire rings at your site
- Firewood must be purchased in Ogle county. You may purchase firewood in advance when you make your reseration and it will be waiting at your site. The cost is $5.00 per bundle of 13 pieces
- Smoking is not allowed in the shower house, on the trails, or in the woods
- Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs are strictly prohibited on Stronghold property
- Possession of firearms, fireworks, and hunting or trapping are prohibited
- No off-road vehicles, horses, etc. are permitted on Stronghold property. You must hae a valid driver's license to drive on Stronghold property
- Please observe the 10mph speed limit in the campground and the 15mph on the remainder of the property
- Any camper who violates these rules may be asked to leave without a refund
- Thank you for helping to keep this a beautiful campground and enjoy your visit!